Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How can I get hold of a Ethernet card driver for my Dell Latitude C600 running Windows 2000 Pro?

I lately was forced to reinstall my OS on my Dell Latitude Notebook. Now that it is up and running again I cannot connect to the internet through a LAN. I know I necessitate a driver for my ethernet card but I do not know how to get it minus be connected to the internet. If anyone has any solutions or have experienced similar problems any information would be great.


Answer:

The easiest way would be to move about to Dell's website on another computer, download the ethernet drivers and save them to a floppy, Flash drive or a disc. Then just copy them to the latitude and install them.
Doanload it somewhere else, put it on a thumb drive or a floppy diskette, and bring it home to install it. You could also use dialup if you own an AOL account or something else similar to that. The Netzero CD is free if you can find it, and if you withdraw within 30 days they won't charge your credit card.
Most libraries own free internet. And most of your neighbors too!
recover data from the hard drive

No comments:

Post a Comment