Friday, September 17, 2010

How can I hook my Dell E1505 to my TV to story episodes to DVDs?

I would close to to record TV episodes that I own on DVR to DVD using the DVD R\RW drive on my laptop. Is this possible and how do I do it? I am running VISTA and the latest Dell Media Direct.


Answer:

In directive to bring the VIDEO signal from your DVR into your notebook, you will need a video takeover device. These are not normally built into desktop PC's or Laptops. There are USB Capture Devices you can purchase that would allow you to do this. Hookup is typically running a Composite (yellow) cable from your DVR into the Capture Device. You would also inevitability a cable to go from your DVR's nouns output (red + white) into the Line-In port of the capture device or the nouns card.



Once hook-up is complete, you can then use the software included to commence recording the shows to your PC. When that finishes, you can use the program included on your PC for burning DVD's to finally burn them.

No comments:

Post a Comment