Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How can i move info from my knees tops frozen drive to my workstation.?

The motherboard died within my laptop and i need to get hold of all of my files from my laptop to my notebook. My laptop wont come on at all and i really stipulation to get the files from it and this repair place said he could do it for me for something like 75 bucks but how? Something about he can put it on some type of disc or DVD and then i can only just load it to my workstation I dont know what he's talking in the order of so can someone help me


Answer:

Ever taken a tricky drive out, and hooked it back up?



That's what you'll enjoy to do. You'll have to appropriate the laptop hard drive out, buy an adapter, and later hook it up to your desktop PC. After that, you'll be able to verbs all of the files that you inevitability.
remove the hard drive from the laptop, its ussually below a cover dead center within the front of the laptop, you can then buy any a laptop hard drive to standard IDE converter and plug it into an IDE port surrounded by your computer, or you can buy an external drive enclosure for 2.5 laptop concrete drives and plug the drive into that. Those options cost just about 5 bucks for the adapter for IDE or 20 bucks for an external drive enclosure. See my sources for a couple sensibly priced options.
He's going to do one of two things:

remove the rock-hard drive from the laptop and put it into the exact model you have, burn adjectives the files you need to a compact disc (highly unlikely that this place has matching laptop you do)

OR

He'll pull the complicated drive from the laptop, plug it into an adapter card in a desktop and burn the files you want to a CD.



Either approach, you likely don't enjoy the setup to do this and if you REALLY need those files, it's going to be much cheaper and easier for you bestow him the $75 to do it... so long as it's done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment