Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How can I reinstall the artistic drivers and OS on my gateway laptop?

I've tried to boot from the OS disc that come with the laptop but it will not work. I can't format or separator the disc. Where do I go presently?


Answer:

Is it a newer model running Windows XP? If so and if it will still boot up try the System Recovery interface. To use System Recovery, follow these steps:



1. From the Start menu, point to All Programs, System Recovery, and then click System Recovery.



Note: If System Recovery is not tabled, from the Start menu, click Run. In the Run dialog box, type: C:\Windows\Sminst\Start.exe /run. Click OK.



2. In the System Recovery window, select the appropriate way out.



If that doesn't work try going to:



http://support.gateway.com/s/software/me...



It is the Gateway support site that lists the option available to re-install the orginal system.



I hope this helps.
Do you enjoy the recovery disk?
how long does it take to learn asp

No comments:

Post a Comment