Friday, September 17, 2010

How can I hook an RCA-using appliance (such as VCR or PS2) to my laptop to use the laptop's display as a TV?

How can I hook an appliance that uses an RCA cable such as VCR or Play Station 2 up to my laptop to use the laptop's display as a TV? I'm pretty sure it's possable, but it seem like it would requirement more then of late a converter to plug in a RCA within one ned and VGA into another, I'm thinking something that hooks up to the PCMCIA or USB port. Any one know? Thanks


Answer:

As far as I know, there is no process for video input to a laptop's LCD display. The VGA port is to connect the laptop to an external display and not the other way round. The built-in video adapter is the single component that outputs video to the laptop's display.
Go buy a RF Modulator. Plug the Yellow, Red, White cables into one fall and use a coaxial cable from the other end to your laptop. connect using your TV Tuner on ur laptop



Hope This help
My laptop takes two forms, mine have the exception of an s-video port, or you need the cable, gosh i cant thik of the label all f a sudden, but it is possible, and you will probably requirement the RCA converter as well, depending on other electronics. If you relly involve it done quick only run it to Best Buy, an tell them what you would similar to to do, possible have the exact model numbers of the items you are trying to connect may hlp. they are dumb asses at times, but the wil at least possible have the product you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment